Sheila Meehan began her career with an open mind and a passionate desire to realize her creative destiny.
After graduating from college, an opportunity in marketing and sales presented itself and she responded and found herself immersed in the creative, but mostly practical business side of the greeting card and gift industries. Here she quickly discovered a keen understanding and appreciation of the ‘art’ of doing business. Sheila’s ability to identify potential along with the endless possibilities of an artist’s application in the marketplace is what has secured her in a successful, satisfying, and lasting career in Licensing.
As Vice President at Determined Productions, Inc., representing Felix the Cat and Peanuts to name a few, she moved to Schurman Fine Papers (now Papyrus) as Director of Licensing. In 2002, she bravely opened her own agency and continues to maintain (still bravely) a talented roster of artists while also consulting with emerging and seasoned artists on growing their business. Devoted to finding and matching an artist with the perfect product or line, Sheila is relentless in helping her artists and striving to make the world be a better and more artistic place to live.
- Built papercrafting line with Brenda Walton for K & Company launching her to a top selling artist in the craft industry including retail space in all major craft stores and one hour shows on QVC.
- Brokered two best selling books for urbandictionary.com with Andrews McMeel.
- Developed a branded line of gift and stationery products based on the archives of Paramount Greetings called Days Gone By.
- Launched a successful line of mechanical, articulated plush toys for Peanuts.
- Developed the gift book Pep Talk with Mike Dowdall, licensed to Chronicle Books.